The 1199 Training & Upgrading Fund is excited to announce that starting April 2017, we are offering FREE Trainings for PCAS:
- Adult First Aid/CPR
- Received a certificate from the American Red Cross, valid for two years
- Universal Precautions and Infection Control
- Learn to practice infection control effectively and apply the principles of universal precaution appropriately in everything you do with your consumer-employer.
- Strengthening My Communication Skills
- Improve your communication skills by exploring and practicing the skills of effective listening, paraphrasing, asking open-ended questions, and pulling back. This will help you communicate better with your consumer-employer, and other.
These voluntary trainings are free to all PCAs that have been paid by Allied or Sunset Shores in the last three months.
SPACE IS LIMITED!
Once sessions are filled, you will be places on a waiting list and will be contacted for the next available session.
To enroll into a session please call 860-804-4869.
Each training session must have a minimum of at least 5 enrollees or it will be cancelled.