The 1199 Training & Upgrading Fund is excited to announce that starting September 2018 we are offering the following FREE trainings to PCA’s:
- Money Values and S.M.A.R.T Goals
- Explore the “why” behind how you spend your money. This training also helps participants identify, prioritized and set S.M.A.R.T (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time-Based) goals that can help you be successful with follow-through and achievement of your goal.
- Caring for People with Alzheimer’s Disease-Habilitation Training
- The purpose of this training is to understand that Alzheimer’s is a disease and that it’s not a usual consequence of aging. This training will help participants learn new approaches to giving care to those individuals with the disease.
- Adult Frist Aid/CPR
- Receive a certificate from the American Red Cross, valid for two years.
These are FREE and VOLUNTARY to all PCA’s that are actively working through either Allied Community Resources or Sunset Shores!!
To enroll, please call 860-804-4869. SPACE IS LIMITED!
Once sessions are filled, you will be placed on a waiting list and will be contacted for the next available session. Each training session must have a minimum of at least 5 enrollees or the session will be cancelled.