The 1199 Training & Upgrading Fund is excited to announce that starting April 2017, we are offering FREE Trainings for PCAs. These voluntary trainings are free to all PCAs that have been paid by Allied or Sunset Shores in the last three months:
- Adult First Aid/CPR
- Receive a certificate from the American Red Cross, valid for two years.
- Universal Precautions and Infection Control
- Learn to practice infection control effectively and apply the principles of Universal Precautions appropriately in all you do with your consumer-employer.
- Strengthening My Communication Skills
- Improve your communication skills by exploring and practicing the skills of effective listening, paraphrasing, asking open-ended questions, and pulling back. This will help you communicate better with your consumer-employer, and others.
SPACE IS LIMITED! Click here to view the Skills Enhancement Training Schedule.
Once sessions are filled, you will be places on a waiting list and will be contacted for the next available session.
To enroll into a session in Bridgeport,Danbury, New Haven, New London, Norwich or Waterbury please call 860-804-4869.
To enroll into a session in Hartford, Litchfield, Meriden, Torrington or Willimantic please call 860-804-4867.
Each training session must have a minimum of at least 5 enrolled or it will be cancelled.